Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Good things

My last two posts showcased the rough time I was having with work issues (which still aren't solved), but now that I'm feeling a bit more balanced, I'll go back to writing about IVF treatment.

I'm almost ready to get going with my IVF protocol. I'm on cycle day 39 (CD39), and my cycle is usually closer to 35 days. I'm later than usual (no, not pregnant!) by a few days... but that could just be from stress. So any day now, my next cycle will begin. Why is that so fantastic? Because on CD3 I get to begin the oral contraceptive pill (OCP) Marvelon as my first part of IVF treatment. I'll be taking it for 21 days to give my ovaries a rest before I send them into overdrive in the following cycle. Hopefully that will also allow enough time for my cyst in my ovary to completely disappear. They'll check for the cyst after my three weeks of Marvelon. I was happy to learn from my doctor that even if it's still there, they will still go ahead with treatment as long as my estrogen isn't too high. *fingers crossed* 

So while nothing has happened quite yet... being so close is super exciting! I'm having a hard time waiting, but I keep telling myself things like "Patience is a virtue" and "Good things come to those who wait". And by good things, I'm sure you can guess that I'm thinking of babies! Meanwhile, I'm trying to stay healthy to help my chances of success. The beautiful sunshiney weather and the late work shift meant that I was able to make myself a healthy smoothie for brekkie and to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. Gotta try n stay positive and make the best of each day. My time WILL come!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Love having you as my cheerleader! <3 And I'm happpy you posted the very first comment on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete