Friday, May 15, 2015

Provera and more

So now I'm on cd48! *groan* A week ago, I emailed my doctor wondering if I should keep waiting or if something needed to be done. He had me start a prescription of Provera to help kick start my next cycle. Two good things about Provera are that it's cheap ($2-something was my cost) and that the pills are tiny (easy to swallow). One crappy thing about Provera is that I'm getting side effects that are similar to PMS - cramping, lower back pain, and acne. I've used up 7 of my 10 pills, and still no sign of the witch (my term for my period, or "Aunt Flow" or AF). Let's hope the last 3 do the the job!

Despite waiting so long for the witch to arrive so I can get a move on with IVF, I'm actually pretty darn happy today. It's Friday! I had a nice day at work. I went for a walk in the sunshine. And it's a long weekend! We'll be celebrating my nephew's 14th birthday this weekend too.. family time is always nice. 

You may have noticed my silence on Mother's Day. The reason is, I don't have a lot to say this year. In the past, Mother's Day has been difficult. It's hard to hold back tears when you're absolutely bombarded (particularly on social media) with how much of a blessing it is to be a mom, and you've been struggling for years and haven't been able to experience that joy and don't know if you ever will. This year, though, I didn't feel any sadness. I enjoyed celebrating my mom and sister's special day. I suppose I'm so filled with hope right now that it's drowned out the sorrow of not already being a mom. I also read several articles dedicated to women who are mothers without kids - those mothers who have angel babies in heaven, those who are mothers who just haven't been able to have a child yet (this is kinda how I view myself), those who mother other people's children as their own. It was nice to know that people remembered, thought of us, prayed for us, and acknowledged us through their writing. The yummy barbecue and coconut cream pie and chocolate cake helped make the day a little sweeter, too! :)

Please cross your fingers for me that there's a witch sighting soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment